COGD (Component Obsolescence Group Deutschland) e.V.
The product life cycles of high tech components and complete products have been shortened more and more during the last decades. Modern components are partial replaced after a period of 6 months by not always compatible successor components. But industries like aerospace, military, railway, power plant, industrial automation and others require unchanged and unmodified products for as many years as possible. The status of non-availability of products or systems is called obsolescence.
Members of the COGD (Component Obosolescence Group Germany) e.V. in Germany spend time on the topic of obsolescence management. Their aim is to minimize the risk as well as the impact of obsolescence of components, materials, software etc. within products and systems. Obsolescence Management can be seen as a part of the Life Cycle Management.
Members of the COGD have the following benefits:
- Access to all presentations and recommendations which are created by COGD Germany and the IIOM (International Institute of Obsolescence Management) which is the umbrella organization.
- Quarterly meetings and expert forums with specialist lectures and reports of working and discussion groups.
- Participation within working groups where experts from different companies work together to find solutions for obsolescence related problems.
- Access to mailing lists with the possibility of sending emails to all members. This can also be used during searching for components or materials difficult to source.
- Division of tasks, which can discussed and solved by selected institutions.