MAIN TASKS AND HISTORY OF THE WORKING GROUP smartPCN
Main tasks of the working group
The working group smartPCN was founded in 2009 with the aim of establishing a standard in PCN (Product Change Notification) communication between manufacturer and distributor.
History of the working group
- Idea of standardized PCN communication came up in June 2011. Distributors and manufacturers were asked to give support in realizing and optimizing our suggested standard.
- Invitations were sent to the big PCN broadliners AVNET, ARROW, Future Rutronik, MSC, TTI,Setron, RS-Components, Farnell, Digikey, Mouser -- FBDI-Members.
- Lectures were held at FBDI and ZVEI to introduce the topical problem and to give overview of the standard.
- Cover “Markt & Technik” 41/2012.
- Reorganisation of the working group in September 2012 with the aim to develop smartPCN 2.0.
- Cover “Markt & Technik” 20/2013.